søndag 1. juli 2012

Christening


On Sunday a fortnight ago I attended the christening to my sister's youngest child, my dearest baby niece. :) It was a rainy day so had to snap some pics indoors before we dashed off to church. This dress is a favourite of mine,simply gorgeous, nothing less. :)


My mum in her traditional Norwegian costume, holding her cute as a button granddaughter, the first one in our family, we have all fallen head over heels in love with this baby girl, fussing over her constantly. :)


I volunteered to make some cakes for the party taking place later in the day. :) I made a red velvet cake along with some pink (very) cupcakes. The frosting should have been more pastel pink but I added too much colour...ups... ;) It didnt affect the taste though, *nom nom* :P

The lovely decorated table at the venue where the party was held.



And on to some more outfit pics..




What I wore:

Cardigan from Mango (new)
Dress from Dorothy Perkins (new)
Turquoise pumps from Pataugas

Im linking up with Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style.

8 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely outfit, Izzy! The shoes are perfect - this is such a girly, lacy outfit - I love it!

    SvarSlett
  2. Your dress is so beautiful with all the flowers. I love the colours, and I really envy you those shoes! I had a look at the Danish shop where the Pataugas are sold - and all the good ones are sold out. Now I know where they've gone to - up North! It's the perfect outfit for a christening!

    SvarSlett
  3. @Sheila - I love dressing up like a girlie girl. :)

    @kaffesoester - You know what, I just discovered this brand when I visited Denmark this easter. :) Guilty as charged, heheheee. :) I bought this turquoise pair in Sønderborg and a pink pair in Århus. :) Love em!!

    SvarSlett
  4. What a sweet look for a christening. Light and soft. Those shoes are incredible!

    SvarSlett
  5. You look so pretty and perfect for a christening - and what a precious little girl is your niece! Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday.

    SvarSlett
  6. @Megan Mae - Thank you so much!! :) I agree, those shoes are pretty incredible. :)

    @Patti - Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. :) I really appreciate it!

    SvarSlett
  7. What a cute blog you have! I would be interested to know where in Norway you live. My father immigrated from Norway (Alesund) to Canada when he was a young man. I now live in England, so am following the family tradition of being an immigrant.

    Love from England,
    Rosemary from www.foreveronthecatwalkoflife.com
    email: roseh5@tiscali.co.uk

    SvarSlett
  8. Such a cute dresss :D

    Lovely for a christening and such a pretty colour on you!

    Sal x

    SvarSlett